Roatan fishing offers a variety of fishing experiences for the novice and professional fisherman. Get your Roatan fishing gear with all the latest rods, reels, line, and lures from the Roatan Boat & Tackle Shop in West End next to the Bamboo Hut Laundry Service.
Catch tuna, marlin, wahoo, barracuda, and mahi mahi, out in the deep blue Caribbean waters beyond the reef. For shallow water Roatan fishing inside the reef, use light spin tackle to catch a variety of snapper, jacks, yellow tail, grouper, tarpon. Fly fishing gear is the best set up to catch bone fish in the shallow reef flats...also know as "Flat Fishing".
No license is required for Roatan fishing.
Theo Cooper stocks a wide range of fishing lures needed to catch fish of all sizes.
The Roatan Boat & Tackle Shop carries a variety of rods and reels to pick from. There are new and used rods and reels available.
"Cooper" also does fishing gear repair work. Get your rod and reel fixed today!
Choose from a variety of reels always in stock at the Roatan Boat & Tackle Shop.
View Our Slide Show
Roatan Fishing Yarns To Make Your Day
(paraphrased to reflect Roatan fishing)
- “I go Roatan fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.”
- “There is no greater fan of fly than Roatan fishing with a worm.”
Patrick F. McManus
- “Roatan fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.”
- “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll in Roatan fishing.”
Henry David Thoreau
- “The angler forgets most of the fish he catches, but he does not forget Roatan fishing on the reeef in which they are caught.”
Charles K. Fox
- “There is certainly something in angling while Roatan fishing that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
- “Somebody just back of you while you while Roatan fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.”
- “It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish while Roatan fishing and loses has it coming.”
- “Roatan fishing is a discipline in the equality of men – for all men are equal before fish.”
- “I have laid aside business, and gone Roatan fishing.”
- “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of Roatan fishing poles.”
- “My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my Roatan fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”
- “There he stands while Roatan fishing, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.”
- “The Roatan fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.”
- “Don’t tell Roatan fishing stories where the people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.”
- “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him about Roatan fishing and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”
- “If all politicians went Roatan fishing instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world.”
- “The solution to any problem –work, love, money, whatever –is to go Roatan fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.”
- “Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having gone Roatan fishing and caught a large fish goes home through an alley.”
- "While Roatan fishing the fish and I were stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line.”
- “I’ve gone Roatan fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.”
- “There will be days when Roatan fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.”
- “The angler forgets most of the fish he catches, but he does not forget the islands, streams and lakes in which they are caught.”
Charles K. Fox
- “Roatan fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.”
- “I have been Roatan fishing through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”